Units of Study
“How to…”; long vowels;
HFW: be, for, had, of, then
measurement; telling time
characteristics of seasons
timelines (past, present, and
Draw a picture and write a number sentence.
Mack caught 11 fish at the lake. He fried and ate three fish. How many fish were left to freeze in his freezer?
Pete passed eight hikers on the trail to the lake.
He passed four other hikers on the trail back to his cabin. How many hikers did he pass altogether?
Please read for 20 minutes every night.
Read the story and answer the questions in complete sentences.
Packing for a Trip
Tom is going on a trip tomorrow. He is going to the mountains. Tom needs to pack his bag before he leaves. First, Tom puts his toothbrush in his bag. Then he packs clothes, boots, and a jacket. Next, Tom puts a map and a camera in his bag. Tom tries to close the bag but the bag won’t close. Tom takes out his boots and puts them on his feet. Zip! Snap! Now the bag closes. Tom is ready to go.
1. Where is Tom going?
2. What is the first thing Tom puts in his bag?
3. What does Tom take out of the bag?
4. Name at least two things you pack when you go on a trip.
- Draw a picture and write a number sentence.
- Mack caught 11 fish at the lake. He fried and ate three fish. How many fish were left to freeze in his freezer?
- Pete passed eight hikers on the trail to the lake. He passed four other hikers on the trail back to his cabin. How many hikers did he pass altogether?
OPTIONAL HOMEWORKMake dinner.
- Family Fun Time Ideas!
- * make a marshmallow treat together
- * talk about your family’s heritage
- * turn a small place into a temporary
- magical playhouse
8:05 Arrival, Warm-up,Annoucements, Calendar
8:15-11 Reading, Language Arts, Writing
1-1:55 Science, Social Studies
"CATH UP WITH MRS. BAMFORD"
My husband is Bill Bamford, who also teaches at Ride. We have two sons, a daughter, a daughter in law, and a grandson. I studied for
my Masters Degree at Bowling Green State University and The University of Toledo. I have been teaching for twenty-seven years. I
love teaching and working with children! I also like reading and taking CISD workshops to stay abreast of current trends in education. My
leisure time is spent reading , traveling, and spending time with family and friends. Of course, I LOVE THE OCEAN and BEACH as
reflected by our classroom! I am excited to work with your children in the 2016-2017 school year!